Friday 15 April 2016

Kaavee Mural (3)

Hello everyone!

Welcome to "Colors Of Life"

Today am here with ONE more Kaavee art.. and this time its not just a painting..its a real "Mural".
Tried my hand on carving this time..

The ancient Kavee mural method used Snow white lime, obtained by burning seashells, and washed sand from river beds are mixed with jaggery and allowed to ferment for two weeks. The mixture is then hand-pounded to obtain a homogeneous substance, which hardens when applied to the walls...

I have modified the method according to the easily available stuffs now.
I have used a piece of plywood and applied the paste of  POP, Chalk powder,glue and water mixture and carved it with a nice pointer when it was still wet. Then applied acrylic color (bottled) as required. It was not as easy as I had thought. But with lots of interruption from my little daughter it came out pretty well. So today's art is not just mine :) my little princess helped me out while carving as well as painting :D

The white color shows the carved (grooved) area and the red color shows the embossed section.The ancient method of making kaavee mural is totally different from what I have tried today..

Please have a look :)





Hope you all like it, thank you for viewing :)

If you are interested in such art work.. do not hesitate to order one and decorate your home wall.

Contact mail id: anushatimes@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment